Welcome to Acorns! Here is some useful information:
Class Teacher: Mrs. Roscoe
Nursery Nurse: Mrs. Hancock
- We have the right to a clean classroom and, therefore, the responsibility to tidy up and look after our toys
- We have the right to play and, therefore, the responsibility to take turns and share with other children
- We have the right to be safe and, therefore, the responsibility to look after others
- Always read the Friday bulletin – if you do not receive the email check the school website
- Be punctual
- Ensure all uniform, water bottles, P.E. kits, shoes, socks, book bags, coats, hats, gloves / mittens, scarves etc. are named
- Talk to your child about their day and the friends they are making
- Read the whiteboard outside the classroom everyday
- Tell us about worries they, or you, have
- Read books to your child everyday
- Be positive and give your child praise and encouragement
- Enjoy the Storysacks, Maths Challenge and reading books together in a ‘cosy, fun’ way
- Remember to go on a treasure hunt (for an item relating to the sound of the week) and bring into school every Wednesday in a named sandwich bag
- Check your child’s book bag every evening
- Your child should not wear any jewellery to Nursery, this includes earrings and watches
- If your child is having a party we are happy to place invites into book bags please hand the invites to a member of staff
- We are a ‘Healthy School’ so we can not give out birthday sweets or birthday cake
- Reading books to be returned every Tuesday
- Library books to be returned every Monday
- Storysacks to be returned every Wednesday
- Maths Challenge book to be returned every Monday
- Me, My Family and My World Book can come in to share any day
Snack Time Prayer
This happy snack will happier be,
If we dear Lord remember thee.
End of Morning Prayer
Thank you for our teachers,
Our friends and family.
Thank you God for Acorns,
A happy place to be.
For further curriculum information, please download the relevant term's curriculum letter.
Please click underneath to listen to our Nativity songs so you can practise with your child.