Redwood (Year 6)
Redwood have been learning about World War 2 this half term. The children have gained experience of an air raid through class role play and learnt about Anderson Shelters and created/built their own models. Year 6 have also visited Bentley Priory Museum to further enhance their knowledge and understanding of the historical events.
Year 6 have been using the lovely laptops provided by the PTFA. To conclude our topic on World War 2, the children have been using their computing skills to create presentations on all that they have learnt.
Thank you PTFA!
from Redwood Class
Redwood's voyage around the world
On Tuesday 25th February, Redwood kicked off their enquiry topic for this half term 'Why is adaptation important for survival?' Some very special visitors arrived to help explain the important work of Charles Darwin, and how adaptation is key to survival. Gary (from Zoolabs) arrived to take them on a journey around the world with the help of his extremely important friends: a bearded dragon, a giant cockroach, a corn snake, a gerbil (that had adapted so much it looked more like a rat than the gerbils we are used to seeing) and a tree frog.
As well as learning about how their features are adapted to their environment, the children also heard about the observations that Charles Darwin made during his journey on HMS Beagle.
The children thoroughly enjoyed the morning and we look forward to looking further into Charles Darwin's work.
During school closure, please follow home learning activities as per suggested timetable.
From 20th April, full details are available via your child's Google Classroom platform.
- Expectation of Time Allocation for Homework.pdf
- Redwood Timetable for School Closure.pdf
- Topic homelearning pack (1).pdf
- Redwood Timetable for School Closure Weeks 3 and 4.pdf
- Scratch online - User guide by Mrs Baynes.pdf
- Redwood Timetable for School Closure Week 5.pdf
- Redwood Timetable for School Closure Week 6.pdf
- Redwood Timetable for School Closure Week 7.pdf
- Redwood Timetable for School Closure Week 8.pdf
- Redwood Home Learning Timetable - Week 9.pdf
- Redwood Home Learning Timetable - Week 10.pdf
- Redwood Home Learning Timetable - Week 11.pdf
- Redwood Home Learning Timetable - Week 12.pdf
- Redwood Home Learning Timetable - Week 13.pdf
- Redwood Home Learning Timetable - Week 14.pdf